General Information about Vietnam
- Official name: The Socialist Republic of VietNam.
- National Flag : The National Flag of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is rectangular in shape, its width is equal to two thirds of its length, in the middle of fresh red background is a bright five-pointed golden star.
- National Emblem: The national emblem of the Socialist Republic of Vietnam is circular in shape; in the middle of a red background is a five-pointed golden star framed by rice ears below which is half a cogwheel and the inscription: Socialist Republic of Vietnam
- National Day: September 2 (on September 2, 1945, at Ba Dinh square, President Ho Chi Minh read the Declaration of Independence, proclaiming the birth of the Democratic Republic of VietNam).
- Geographical location: Located in Southeast Asia, bordering People's Republic of China to the North; Laos and Cambodia to the West; and Eastern Sea to the East.
- Area: 331 000 km2.
- Length of coast line: 3260 km.
- Climate: Tropical monsoon.
- Capital: Ha Noi.
- Official language: Vietnamese.
- Population: 96.208.964 million (in 2019).
- Literacy rate: 95.8% (in 2019).
- Currency: VietNam Dong (VND).
- GDP (nominal): US$ 266.5 billion (in 2019).
- GDP per capita (nominal): US$ 2.776 (in 2019).
- Administrative units: 63 provinces and cities.
- International airports: Cat Bi (Hai Phong), Noi Bai (Ha Noi), Phu Bai (Thua Thien Hue), Da Nang (Da Nang City), Chu Lai (Quang Nam), Cam Ranh (Khanh Hoa), Phu Quoc (Kien Giang), Tan Son Nhat (Ho Chi Minh City), and Can Tho (Can Tho).
See more infomation in attachment here Layout DDVN Tieng Anh.pdf
Phone: +31 (0)70 364 8917
Fax: +31 (0)70 364 8656
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWebsite: https://vnembassy-thehague.mofa.gov.vn or http://www.vnembassy.nl